Would you like to spice up your ‘waste’ life? Do you feel you have so much more ‘waste wisdom and advice’
to give but just don’t know the best way to do it? Are there days when you feel you’d like to make new
friends in your ‘waste’ career? Do you feel that you have more to contribute for a Clean Pacific but are just
not sure how to do so in the right way? Then we have the perfect solution for you!
Speed dating with the Clean Pacific Roundtable 2018
1. This year during the Clean Pacific Roundtable we will be introducing a special “Speed dating” event, providing a coordinated and facilitated platform for you and your organisation to spend time with people in the Pacific islands who work in the waste arena. It is hoped that through this they can strengthen their professional relationships and networks with you, eventuating in more success stories on the ground.
2. This event will allow for special ‘stations’ for you to represent your organisation, business or such to be based at during the night. Everyone will circulate during the evening according to a time schedule, allowing your ‘dates’ to spend time with you getting to know you, the support you may be able to provide and how this can be followed up after the Clean Pacific Roundtable. Likewise this will also be the opportunity for you to learn more about your ‘dates’, the work they are currently doing in countries, what type of work they would like to do and the support they may need to do so.
3. We are opening this opportunity to anyone that feels they can provide support and guidance or contribute
through their organisation or business to creating a Cleaner Pacific. Your contribution or support can be through any way you feel you are strongly able to, whether this be through financial or human resource capacity, technological and innovative systems guidance or advice, sharing lessons learnt from your experience and helping through providing solutions or even mentoring and capacity building opportunities, or otherwise.
4. The event will be happening during the dinner event on the evening of 20 August, 2018. The venue details are yet to be provided but we envisage the night to start at 6pm and finish by 9pm with the “speed dating” activity to take no longer than an hour and a half.
5. Enhance and strengthen your Pacific waste relations! Please note there are limited spaces, don’t miss out on this opportunity to bring about a Cleaner Pacific!
6. If you’d like a place please email firstname.lastname@example.org the following by Wednesday 15 August,
A. Your name:
B. Your organisation or business (or otherwise) name:
C. A brief introduction about your organisation, business (or otherwise):
D. Your contact details (phone and email):
E. Where your organisation, business (or otherwise) is based:
F. The types of materials you may be bringing with you (business cards, brochures, pull up banner):
G. You approve with us sharing your name, business/organisation/other and email contacts with all the delegates at
the meeting and on our Clean Pacific Roundtable webpage YES/NO (please circle your preference)
[Source: SPREP PROE 15th August]