Return to Paradise Resort in Lefaga scooped the overall national Tourism Excellence Awards 2019 at the Taumeasina Island Resort on Friday night.
Minister for Health Tuitama Dr. Leao Tuitama presented the overall award – which was sponsored by the Government – to the staff of Return to Paradise.
Into its third year, the annual Samoa Tourism Excellence Awards was again a success with hoteliers and tour operators dressing up for the occasion and to celebrate their hard work as part of Samoa’s service industry.
Minister for Tourism, Sala Fata Pinati challenged the gathering on providing only the best service for the people who visit Samoa.
“There is more to be done by us to achieve the impossible and that is unity,” Sala said.
“I know for a fact that when you are successful, you tend to forget sometimes your roots, your upbringing.”
“We should always remember that somewhere when you are lost there has to be someone to guide you where there is that light.”
There were 16 categories and the results were drawn from the ratings of people who visited Samoa and used the services provided by local hoteliers and tour operators.
The overall winners of the other 15 categories are:
• Le Talie Car Rentals – Best Car Rental sponsored by Pacific Ezy Money Transfer;
• Togo’asa Taxi Stand – Best Taxi Stand sponsored by Taula Taxi;
• Sinalei Reef Resort & Spa – Best Airport Transfer sponsored by Ford Samoa;
• Sea Breeze Resort – Best Hygiene Award sponsored by Le Vai Ltd;
• Tanoa Tusitala Hotel – Best Accommodation Elei Uniform sponsored by Ali’i by Janet’s;
• Saletoga Sands Resort – Best cultural entertainment sponsored by Li’aifaiva Malofie;
• Dive Savaii – Best Tour Operator sponsored by Samoa Ports Authority;
• Robert Louis Stevenson Museum – Best Attraction Site sponsored by Samoa Airways;
• Taumeasina Island Resort – Best Bar & Hangout sponsored by Le Well Company Ltd;
• Paddles Restaurant – Best Restaurant sponsored by Lucky Foodtown;
• Taufua Beach Fales – Best Beach Fale Accommodation sponsored by E & J Hirage;
• Litia Sini Beach Resort – Best Budget Accommodation sponsored by Mai Company;
• Vaimoana Seaside Lodge – Best Standard Accommodation sponsored by Naydith Events Hirage;
• Savaii Lagoon Resort – Best Superior Accommodation sponsored by Samoa Stationery and Books; and
• Sea Breeze Resort – Best Deluxe Accommodation sponsored by Bank South Pacific.