About the Role
We are looking for three enthusiastic Labour Mobility Officers who will support the operational activities required to process Pacific Labour Scheme (PLS) and Seasonal Work Program (SWP) registrations, support approved employers to recruit workers and worker mobilisations in line with the Ministry of Employment, Productivity and Industrial Relations policies and procedures.
It is essential that you have excellent communication and customer service skills as you will provide customer service and undertake reception duties, including fielding questions.
You must have experience working with spreadsheets, data entry procedures, and administration.
You will support the collection, storage, analysis and reporting of the program data including workers’ applications and their personal data, recruitment and selection information, fitness and medical tests results, visa applications status, mobilisation information and employers’ information.
The deliverables for this position are:
• Organise logistics for employer visits as required by the Team Leader
• Arrange meetings/briefings with PLS workers as required by the Team Leader
• Organise logistics for training and awareness sessions
• Manage the Pacific Labour Scheme and Seasonal Work Program filing systems
• Scan and photocopy relevant documents as required by the PLS worker recruitment and mobilisation process.
The boxes you must tick:
• Diploma or Bachelor of Commerce in Economics, Human Resources, Public Administration or equivalent (or with work experience) or working towards a qualification
• Excellent computer skills (Internet, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Strong organisational and time management skills
• Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively within a team environment
• Demonstrates high levels of initiative
• Fluent in English
• Familiarity with the Pacific Labour Mobility programs.
This position is open to nationals of Fiji. We encourage people with disabilities to apply. Salary is competitive and based on local labour standards. To apply, and to see the full Terms of Reference, please visit Palladium website: https://thepalladiumgroup.com/careers
Applications close on 28th October 2020.
ECO-CONSULT PACIFIC provides this vacancy announcement to those specialists on our database who have provided us with an email address. Unless otherwise indicated, ECO-CONSULT PACIFIC is not and will not be involved in the selection process, nor in any of the negotiations for the position, and will not claim any charges from the specialists.
The vacancies are obtained from regional and international organizations,
magazines, newspapers and colleagues. Although we will do our best to relate to you the details on the positions as they have been provided to us, it is possible that some information may be incorrect or outdated.
ECO-CONSULT PACIFIC advises those interested in a vacancy to contact the advertising organization directly for specific details on the position.
ECO-CONSULT PACIFIC will not accept any liability for incorrect information.
Although we have many email recipients for ‘Pacific
Vacancies’, your address will remain confidential. If you do not want to
receive the vacancy announcements anymore, please send a blank email to:
Of course, you can always join again later, by sending a blank email message
(Source; EcoConsult Pacific Ltd, Suva, Fiji 15th October 2020)