Nadi International Airport has been named in the Top 10 Most Scenic Airports in the world by voters from around the globe.
The results were revealed by PrivateFly who carried out the annual Scenic Airports Poll.
Fiji Airports Chairman, Geoffrey Shaw says this global recognition underscores Fiji’s breathtaking views, natural beauty and tranquillity when landing at Nadi International Airport.
He says they can proudly boast having one of the best scenic arrival and departure experiences in the world.
Shaw further says the aviation industry is facing massive challenges in these demanding times with tourism and international air travel at a virtual standstill due to COVID-19.
He says being rated in the Top 10 Most Scenic Airports Worldwide is a reminder of how Fiji’s appeal is embraced by international travellers.
Shaw says they can’t wait to welcome back our international visitors when travel resumes.
Nadi is ranked 10th in the World’s Most Scenic Airports and 2nd in the Australasia region.
The 2020 PrivateFly Scenic Airport Poll was conducted between February and March this year.
Voters said “the views of the Nadi Bay and mountainous regions are amazing when landing”
They said “just getting into the Nadi International Airport you see the mountain ranges and the islands, just out floating over the Pacific Ocean. Just picture perfect, and breathtaking”
Voter said “it has the breathtaking views of the sunrise and the iconic sleeping giant mountain on the backdrop”
Top 10 Scenic Airports 2020
1. Donegal Airport – Ireland
2. Msembe Airstrip – Tanzania
3. Skiathos (Alexandros Papadiamantis) Airport – Greece
4. Orlando Melbourne International Airport – USA
5. Barra Airport – Scotland
6. Bora Bora (Motu Mute) Airport – French Polynesia
7. St Maarten (Princess Juliana) International Airport – St Maarten
8. Praslin Island Airport – Seychelles
9. Dubai International Airport – United Arab Emirates
10. Nadi International Airport – Fiji
(Source: Fijivillage.com online news 17 September 2020)